Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Garden RR

Oh so crazy that I almost forgot to post pictures of 2011 Garden Railroad...

~Isaac had to get in the action (blue coat)
Look closely, SLUG CROSSING...we had to wait until he slowly made it across. :)

A very true smile


I gave Isaac the camera and he ran around getting close-ups with "lots of detail."


Abigail liked the house that served "cookies and lemonade" and being with Gramma.
What is a garden railroad? It is a G-gauge model railroad (usually) constructed outside in a garden with plants and buildings surrounding it built to scale. More important than Disneyland, Isaac looks forward to this event. We pay $10 per car and get a map to follow to the people's homes that want to show us their trains. This year it was pouring rain, so we were thankful for the two layouts that were built indoors. I do have to say that I do appreciate the artistry, engineering, and landscaping that is involved in creating these scenes. One home had the most amazing buildings all made from scratch with the finest details. That same homeowner cut every piece of wood for the trestles, tracks and bridges and hammered in every TINY little nail. Except for the cost (and the gardening part), I think I would actually enjoy taking on a project like this. I can see why Isaac, mini-me, with the same brain as I do, appreciates this so much.

2 comments:

steven said...

I love that Isaac has such a passion for trains and that you so lovingly encourage it!

Becky said...

Thanks for posting... Isaac told us about this in Children's Church and I didn't know what it was :) He sure looks like he had a great time!