Here is a picture of Isaac's sunflower that he received at Kindergarten during his orientation (Kindergarten Roundup). It was just a seed and now has grown taller than Isaac. The quick growth of the sunflower reminds me how quick our children grow up. I, Daddy, write this post with tears in my eyes at the thought of my little boy starting school in just over a month. My heart is heavy on one hand, and on the other, I feel a sense of peace. I question if we have prepared Isaac well enough for school. Have we prepared him to overcome opposition? Have we prepared him enough to be a witness for Christ? Where the peace comes in is that God has everything under control, no matter how much we have done or not done to prepare Isaac. My continual prayer for Isaac is that he glorifies Christ every second of every day. I am so proud of my boy and excited for the chance he will have at school.
2 comments:
I LOVE this post. I have been feeling the same mixed emotions for a month now. Our kids biggest influences may now start to be their peers. I pray I have used the five years with Alora and prepared her for full time school!
This is the gateway to many more wonderful opportunities for Isaac. Learning to read, add/subtract, make new friends, and enjoy the gift of a free education. You are so blessed to have such a great school around the corner!! May God bless him and protect him as he starts this new journey. xoxo!
Post a Comment