Isaac is at the age where he is really wrestling with issues of sin and what Christ did to pay for that sin on the cross. He has come to us, broken, and said, "I just don't want sin in my heart anymore!" We affirm that the only time he will no longer struggle with sin is if he is in Heaven with the Lord. Until then, we can pray that God would help him to obey. We also tell him how we have the work of the Holy Spirit living inside us (Mommy & Daddy) to help us obey God's word and to do what is right. He knows that all humans are sinners as a result of the fall of Adam and that the wages of sin is death...but the gift of God...the painful, sacrificial, price Jesus paid on the cross (the price we each should have paid)...results in eternal life for those who know Christ as Savior and Lord. Isaac tells us, "I know Jesus!" We say, "You know about Him...and we pray that you KNOW Him." We just continue to share and pray. Sharing with my son has been so good for me because I am reminded of the great price Christ paid to buy my salvation when I deserve nothing but hell. It reminds me to thank Him, pray for others who don't know His saving grace, and act in obedience...with joy and appreciation. ~Amber
Here is a good article my friend shared with me: Evangelizing children
No comments:
Post a Comment