Sunday, May 17, 2009

Eating Well

This week I am doing less meals because we have a lot of left overs (and went out with Lindsay to dinner while she was here). Anyway, this week I have meat to eat and will be doing "sides" as a few recipes and some sweet treats.

Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches


Steak & Purple-Potato Salad

***I don't expect Isaac to like this, but I really think Chris will love it.

Grilled Pizza with Garden Tomatoes

***I will be using the wheat dough from Trader Joe's for the kids and make a gluten-free crust for Chris...and I might just make a pizza from whatever meat/veggies we need to finish in the fridge...we'll see. :)

Garden Pasta Salad


Summer Berry Pudding


Notes on last weeks recipes: **Chicken Marsala was good (didn't have Isaac try it)
**Zucchini/rice dish was a hit; Linds said she would leave the meat/veggies in bigger chunks if she made it; I thought it was great; Christina said the blobs of cream cheese left it soupy...that didn't happen to me (but I left it in the oven much longer than the recipe said...it made a nice/slightly crisp top). **Mini meatloaves good...great way to stick veggies in there **The watermelon salad was surprisingly refreshing...served it to the kids with no dressing or cilantro

2 comments:

lifeisgoodinthehood said...

Amber...I am enjoying our making recipes together. They are so simple and I have yet to have one that I don't like. Definetely leave the jalepenos out of the zuchinni dish. My kids eat salsa, but they thought it was too hot. Tiquana Torta is my favorite so far. It is so easy and unique. I love that you are doing my meal planning for me. I tried Beer Battered Baja fish tacos from the site last week. Yum!! We are trying to do fish once a week. This one was my second favorite.

The Somerville Four said...

Gotta love that wheat pizza dough from TJ's! Soon, we'll be eating it together.

xoxo,
T