Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And rejoice in the wife of your youth


I love my husband more than anyone else on the planet. Second to the Lord Jesus, I love my husband. I am not whole without him; we are one. It is hard to be one with two very dependant, needy little ones at home and a husband who works hard (and often late). We have lost a lot of sweet time together that we used to cherish. It is amazing how hard it is to have a conversation, meal, or even eye-contact for more than a few minutes without interruption. It takes WORK...hard work...to purposefully make one another a priority. Without trying, the day can easily pass by...have just survived it. We got items A,B,C,D.... all completed but we never connected during all of the tasks.

For those who are in the place we are with family and marriage (often put on the back burner), pray for us. God is good. He will see us through if our priorities and actions are in line with what His Word says.

Chris left me a little note in the car this morning:

Proverbs 5:15-19 Drink water from your own cistern And fresh water from your own well. Should your springs be dispersed abroad, Streams of water in the streets? Let them be yours alone And not for strangers with you. Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice in the wife of your youth. As a loving hind and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; Be exhilarated always with her love.

He wrote some of his own sweet words after that. I love the sweet truth (and practical too) in the Bible that is so rich and valuable. I pray that my husband always continues to grow in love with the wife of his youth and that I would always be striving to make my love "exhilarating" (NIV: "captivating"). It takes work, but it is well worth it.

1 comment:

The Somerville Four said...

I love this post and I love you! I believe the GREATEST earthly blessing is marriage, and our God is so good to provide the ability to renew love.