Sunday, May 3, 2009

I don't want to go through the motions...

Listen to this song before you read any more: THE MOTIONS, by Matthew West

Okay, so Chris played this song for me a month ago and said it was the prayer of his heart. I thought that was great. As time has passed I have asked myself, "Is this me? Am I just going through the motions? Am I just in the routine? Wife? Mommy? Grocery shopping? Reading the Bible? Going to church? Cleaning? Giving money? Play dates? Phone calls? Making dinner? Prayer?" Am I driven by an all consuming passion for the sinless One who loved me so much that He died on the cross to save me from an eternity in Hell...or has the passion turned to "going through the motions?" You can't tell from the outside, but God sees my heart. I want to give my everything to Him with a purpose, love, passion, and desire to bring Him glory. I desire for Him to be my joy, hope, strength and my reason for all I do. I want to love others like Jesus did. I want my children to know that I love Jesus more than anything else. I want them to know that He my motivation for service, kindness, love and sacrifice. I want my kids to see that I hunger and thirst for the Word...that I NEED Him every minute of the day. When asked, I want my kids to be able to say, "My Mommy loves God more than anything; she wants to love Him, obey Him, bring Him glory in all she does, and tell others the great news of Christ...and she prays that I would do the same."

I want to leave a legacy of loving and living for the Lord...with joy...not monotony. I want to be on fire for Christ...not "lukewarm." The Bible warns a church of being lukewarm; I pray that I am not...
To the Church in Laodicea
" ...the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

My prayer, if you know Him, is that you pray for your heart to be fully consumed with the Lord (Please pray the same for me). If you don't know the all consuming passion and joy that I do, I want to let you know that the peace and true hope that you seek can only be found in surrendering your life to Jesus Christ...He stands at the door and knocks; open the door.

To get to know Jesus better, you have to read the Bible. Only then will you know His character and what is true. If you do not have a Bible, here is a link to a BIBLE online. My suggestion is to start with the book oh John and pray that God would do a mighty work in your heart.

No comments: