Okay, with all the allergies in our family and the likes and dislikes of each family member, I have to admit that I have put creativity on the back-burner in our home. Well, I am going to try and bring it back!
On that note (I don't know about you), I have to say that I detest recipes that have so many ingredients and spices (ones that I need for that specific recipe and will never need for anything else) that it ends up being too costly to even make. Not only that, but I not fond of spending a long time chopping, grating, and cleaning the multitudes if bowls, pots and plates required in the many steps of preparation. I am just not willing to go through the expense and time to have my husband come home and blob hot sauce on his meal without having tried it first (or thinking it's just "okay").
So here's my new meal deal...my friend, Jennie, sent us Eating Well magazine a while back and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their recipes. They are easy, healthy, look delicious, relatively inexpensive, and can easily be modified based on the allergies we have for each family member. My goal is to make 5 Eating Well recipes each week. I will share the link to the five I pick and think it would be fun if you joined with me. It'll save both of us the work (and we may even lose weight together without even trying). We can give our verdicts on the recipes and can share if you have another one that you found online that we should try.
So here is my goal of 5 for this week (with recipes for Cinco De Mayo):
Tijuana Torta
Chilaquiles Casserole
Lime-Honey Glazed Chicken
Tortilla Soup
BLT Salad
6 comments:
Koreny, are you getting this magazine??? And if not, would you like to get to it?
I am not right now, but I can get all I need from the web. :)
I will do it along with you this week. I will go grocery shopping this weekend! You did this just in time. I am sooooo bored with the same old, same old and I wanted to ask my friends to post a recipe a week (family friendly and healthy). I will let you know how we like them.
I just wrote down all the ingredients! Good job meal planning - lots of overlap of ingredients. You know, I could get used to you meal planning for my family.
Christina, This will be fun! IF you are doing it with me, I am more likely to continue next week.:)
The Tiq tacos and chiliquilla were wonderful. The kids devoured both. They are sleeping now and I just made the tortilla soup. It is the best one I have had. Add one whole zuchinni, two cloves of garlic to soup (don't need to saute first). Add fresh avocado on top too. Yum....The chiliquilla was a bit mushy so I don't know if Chris would like it. Refrigerate it one day and it is firmer. Let me know how you liked the recipes!
Post a Comment