Sunday, September 19, 2010

Why smile at the lunch table?




Last night was a downpour! It was raining so hard that Chris and I actually stood in the front doorway in amazement, watching the water pour from the sky forming rivers down the streets.

Today after church, on the other hand, there were stunning blue skies and warm sun on our faces at the lunch table. There is something special about the sun after the rain. Everything is so fresh and clean and bright. We admired and discussed the clouds going by, the spiders hanging on their webs as the wind blew, and how thankful we are to have such a wonderful view. It was so special, I just had to document it.

2 comments:

The Somerville Four said...

And I love that you did! The sun is God's grace in the midst of the storm.

lifeisgoodinthehood said...

Your view is one of my favorite things about your house. The pines are magnificent! I can't wait to see them decked out in snow this winter.