Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thanks, Daddy, for working unto the Lord!

Colossians 3:22-24

Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

My husband has the best attitude toward work. He has been digging into the Word and remembering that he is working to the glory of God. Though he works in submission to his bosses, he remembers that the Lord is his true boss. It is difficult to remember that God provides (even when is through minimal commissions as a realtor in an interesting housing market). At the same time, remembering that it is God that provides takes so much pressure off as one is tempted to worry or fret over cancelled sales or failed offers.

Chris has been putting in an extra 10-15 hours each week. It has been hard on all of us. We are all tired and we miss one another terribly. In addition to those extra hours, Chris spends much of his days off helping clients. He tries really hard to multi-task. The pictures are from his "day off" on Monday. He has one eye on the kids and is working, working, working. I confess, it is very temping to be bitter. I want him to be working less (or, at the very least, be getting sales that come together with all his extra work). At the same time, I know it best helps him to actually be his helper...to encourage, build up, not complain, and be joyful that he works daily to please our great God who has given Chris the privilege of serving Him so diligently without complaining.

***Side note: It was awesome (for me) that Silver Falls had no cell reception. I think I might search for more places with no service so that we can have a few, uninterrupted, hours with Daddy on his "day off."

I love you honey! Thanks for working so hard!

I really hope you make it home in time for Bible study tonight and to take Isaac to Cubbies...if you do not, I know that you wanted to and really are trying to provide for us. I know your heart. I love you!

No comments: