Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Welcome Aubree Esther Opferman





What a joy to share in the precious moments where Mommy and Daddy introduce big brother and sister to the new baby. What a joy to meet and hold Aubree Esther! She is such a dainty little girl with soft features, and tiny button nose, long narrow feet and long thin fingers.

Isaac was enamored with her. He wanted to see her, hold her, touch her, and ask more and more questions about her. I think my son more of an auditory learner. He processes everything out loud.
Some of his quotes:
"She is so cute!"
"Her face looks like a peach."
"Why is she so hot?"
"She weighs too much for me."
"Eeewwwwww!" (When we saw her unbilical cord when we unwrapped her)
"Why is her hair like that? It is thin and soft. Mine it thick and rough."
"How do we teach her to talk?"

2 comments:

Tom and DeeDee said...

And, don't forget Isaac's chronic main question, "Why do I ask why so much?"

I'm glad Johnny and Kayla had a good time at our block party while their Mommy and Daddy were busy having a baby back across the hill - I'm sure it was a blessing for Beth and John to know their children were safe, with friends, and being so well cared for by the Korens.

The Somerville Four said...

How wonderful for Bethany to let you guys share in that moment!! You look beautiful as always, dear friend. Can't wait to see you!