Wednesday, March 4, 2009

School Time

I (though not as consistently as I expected) have "school time" with Isaac. We sing the days of the week, ABC's, months of the year, do the pledge of allegiance, the Lord's prayer, count in English, Spanish and ASL. He loves it when we do it. We review the continents, his Bible verse of the week, and are slowly learning the states and their capitals (he knows CA, OR & AL). He knows all his letters and most of their sounds. We are starting to reading him chapter books and stories with less pictures and more words. Without pictures, he retells most of the story and is able to retell us the events of the story in order. It's fun. I love this age of my little "sponge" boy. He asks so many questions. Today he stopped me during the Lord's prayer and asked, "What does it mean, 'deliver us from evil'?" He thought we somehow were going to be put in a delivery truck. :) I told him that it meant we are asking Jesus to help protect us from the devil and to help us to obey.

Anyway, if you are looking for ideas, I love getting educational videos from the library (Isaac is really enjoying "Kid's Love Spanish" right now). In addition to story books, I love the series of My "L" (or whatever letter) Book. They also have a number series too.
Here are some web sites I use a lot:
http://www.dltk-kids.com/
http://www.starfall.com/

1 comment:

TJ & Cheryl said...

I wish we could be delivered from evil in a delivery truck, that would be great!!