Chris is saying "Goodbye" to his old company today and is gearing up to start with new company ASAP. There is much sadness in leaving because this company has been a part of our family for at least 5 years. They have been more to us than an employer; they are like family. When I first got my real estate license they took a chance hiring me (with no prior experience in the the field). When I was on bed rest with Isaac, they made sure I put my family first and were supportive. When I had Isaac and made the choice to stay home with him, they took a chance on Chris and hired him (which, I think, was a better deal for them because Chris is a MUCH better realtor that I'll ever be). It is weird to be leaving their "family" because I pictured being with them for years to come.
Without too much detail, another builder (which is the one that built our home that we really love) approached Chris to switch companies. Through a series of recent events at his company, it became obvious (through much prayer and counsel) that moving to this new company would be the right fit for our family. It is crazy to think of going though a MAJOR transition in the midst, literally, of this adoption, but I know that God causes all things to work out together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).
Chris is very excited for the new opportunities with his new company. He already really enjoys his boss, the other employees and believes in the quality of homes that they build. Our friend, Christina, always says, "Chris could sell ice to Eskimos...and they'd feel like Chris did them a favor...that they got a good deal." (Hey Eskimos do need ice to build their houses right?) Anyway, I agree with our friend. Whatever Chris stands behind, he can sell well. Also, he has such an amazing way with people, because he has a genuine love for them. I pray that he enjoys the transition and gets in the swing of things/with how the new company operates in order to start earning commissions to provide for us and pay for the adoption. Another prayer is that God works out the details with health insurance. If there is a gap in insurance, Cobra will cost $1135 per month for our family...ouch. All that said, circumstantially, it's a CRAZY time at the Koren house, but God is never out of control...we are resting in Him.
Slaves, in all things obey those who are your masters on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men,knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance It is the Lord Christ whom you serve. Col 3:22-24
1 Corinthians 9:19
Serving All Men. For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;
I know my husband will give 110% at whatever job he has...working for God's glory, to honor his bosses and to provide for our family. He is an amazing, smart, hardworking, gifted, multi-faceted, passionate, talented man, and I am blessed to have him as my husband!!!
1 comment:
And we are blessed to have you as our dear, dear friends! Love you and can't wait to see you soon.
Hug, kiss, hug, kiss,
T
Post a Comment