Chris and I had a wonderful time together while the kids napped today. We took all the cushions and pillows off the couch and made a cozy spot to snuggle and watch a movie. We put in the movie FACING THE GIANTS (click to see trailer). As many times as I have seen it...it always makes me cry...at several different times through out the film. It is uplifting, encouraging and convicting. Though the trailer seems to portray the movie as a football film, there are so many different levels that one can relate with (especially the raw emotions one faces when faces with infertility while trying to have a baby). If you have never seen this movie, YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!
At one point in the movie, a man tells the coach a story of two farmers...both praying for rain. One farmer plants the field in expectation and the other doesn't. He asks the couch which one he thinks he is. When we pray, we need to expect what "Jesus said to them, 'With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" (Matt 19:26) It is specifically encouraging to me. No matter what the outcome is with our upcoming embryo adoption, I WILL PRAISE HIM!! At the same time, I am planting the field because I KNOW that God CAN bring the rain. Nothing is too big for God. We pray for God to allow all three of our adopted children to safely attach/implant in my womb and that they would safely grow and be born healthy. Nothing is too big for God. :)
Here is another link that I liked...Really listen to the song...it says exactly what's on my heart in this season of my life..."While I'm Waiting" ...listen the words...it is my prayer to the Lord.
1 comment:
That was the 2nd time I saw the movie and it meant more this time than before. I think that it was because it is where I am in life with God right now. I am learning to really understand that everything is possible with God. I am learning to trust more.
Chris
Post a Comment