Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy #33 Daddy!!!

It's a funny thing to celebrate a birthday...As I prayed for my husdand, I realized that I am the one who has been given the gift of another year with an AMAZING man. I am so blessed to be his wife; the kids are so blessed to have him as a daddy. We have celebrated his birthday together for 10 years!!! The first birthday I celebrated with him...he was only 23 years old (and I was just shy of turning 19). How times have changed. We were so rough around the edges, so, when you rubbed the two of us together, there was often a lot of friction. Now, we can't think of anything major we aren't like-minded on. Sure, we bicker and have different personalities, strengths, weaknesses, ways of doing things...but we FIT! It's so evident how the Lord made him to be the perfect leader for me and me the perfect helper for him. I love him so much...more every day. I pray that he grows to love our Lord Jesus this year, that he would even more eagerly hunger for the Word of God, that the Word would continue to shape his heart and he'd resemble Christ more and more.


We had a fun time at sushi celebrating and our son (who is 1/8 Japanese) had fun using chopsticks for the first time.

I LOVE YOU SWEET HEART!!!! Happy Birthday!!! I think you get more beautiful to me every day.










No comments: