Okay, so I'm not the typical birthday girl. My hubby said, "Would you like to have your parents watch the kids and go to breakfast and have a day to be pampered for your birthday?"
I replied, "No, I actually really wanted to go to Fort Clatsop in Astoria for the day and then go for a hike from the fort to the beach (called the Fort to Sea Trail) that Lewis and Clark took."
I asked my parents to come too, and they were troopers!!! After a total of 7.5 miles up hills, down hills, through the trees, through pastures, over fences, over bridges, and in tunnels we made it to the beach...just in time to take the bus back to the fort where we started. Isaac and my parents wanted me to know that the next trip to the "beach" will be by car.
A few highlights of the hike: Isaac went pee-pee outside for the first time (must be nice to be a boy sometimes)...he was very proud of himself and said he "went potty like a sprinkler"; my parents did a great job and kept a good attitude the whole time; the nice lunch we had in Astoria...I'll be smelling like garlic for days; seeing the Goonie's house (we think we found the right one on the map) and the school from Kindergarten Cop; feeding Abigail while walking over a mile (I really felt like Sacajawea...fitting because we were on the Lewis and Clark trail); and Isaac playing with Mommy in the sand and running from the waves. Another first for Isaac...chewing...and swallowing...his first little piece of gum..."Thanks Grandma DeeDee!" One of his favorite parts of the day was riding the bus...go figure!
Today, my actual 29th birthday, we are going to the fair in the morning. My parents will be coming over for dinner. This evening I am going with some girlfriends to Comedy Sportz while my parents stay with the kids and Chris hangs out with some guys from church. I'll add pics and details later.
***Make sure you click on the link above to see all the pictures (there are some from a little hike we took by our house, a get-together we had at the Johnson's, and from the concert at the park...click on the different dates to see all the pictures).
No comments:
Post a Comment