Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 36th Birthday Chris!!!





I feel sometimes like Chris gets the short end of the stick in June because our anniversary, Father's Day and his birthday are all squeezed into the month of June. By the time his birthday rolls around, it's like "Why should we get you a card or write you a note, we've already told you and done all that already?" That being said, I wanted to say a little something about my honey, my kids' dad, Chris as he celebrates his 36 years of life (13 of which I have been blessed to spend with him).

Chris:
The man--Hard working, servant, people lover, positive, patient, faithful, striving to please Christ, prayerful, student of the Word, lover of all things clean, car washer, lawn mower, seller of ice to Eskimos, news radio listener, free movie lover, talker, emailer, espresso sipper, shake maker,  Costco shopper, card giver, phone caller, cheese eater, rice pasta fan, football player, loud laugher, always pushing to a better personal best, team player, encourager, Blackberry user, goal setter, goal reacher, never stinks, hardly sweats, giver of great customer service, works out hard, bargain hunter, gift card and free thing lover.

The dad--Wrestler, teaser, tickler, faithful discipliner, mom protector, prayer, the best at scaring, the best at telling stories, Bible reader, butterfly/bug catcher, hose sprayer, breakfast maker, adventure taker, scooter rider, kid protector, silly, firm, weird, strong, kid beating taker (when the kids "pounce" Dad has been left with bumps, bruises and even a bloody lip), bath giver, "bird poop" lotion dropper, teacher (of good and gross things to be "untaught" by Mom later), back scratcher, snuggler, "BOO"er

The Husband--Lover, listener, servant, prayer protector, humility example, quiet, listening, gracious, patient, encouraging, shower cleaner, messager, long walker, date taker, note writer, texter, compliment giver, loving look giver, handsome, and sexier by the day, song dedicator, living room dancer, crazy wife plans put-up-wither, thoughtful, consistent, hugger, holder, hard working, YouTube singing, longing to be with his wife...even as I try to finish typing this. :)

I love you so much. Life with you is better that I could have even imagined. I know you work hard in your many roles. By God's grace, you do them all VERY WELL. You are a gift to the people who know you, to our children and, most of all, to me.

Happy Birthday!!!
XOXO

3 comments:

Kara Chupp said...

So sweet...love wives who are honoring to their husbands :)
Happy Birthday Koren!!!
Love,
The Chupp Crew

Lindsay said...

This made me tear up! Love it!! Chris, I hope your day was fantastic.

CornyCornKorens said...

Happy, happy birthday Koren!!!