Love is patient-You show this when I lose another water bottle at the gym or tell a story in a totally confusing manner
Love is kind-Your live this with your actions and words.
It does not envy-On days when I take the kids to fun places like the beach while you work away; you never complain, but are thankful to provide us the opportunity.
It does not boast, it is not proud.-You never keep records of all the ways you serve me or our family. You do it with no expectations of service in return...or praise.
It does not dishonor others-You build me up to those you work with and are NOT known for complaining about the "old ball and chain." When I meet one of your clients, I am often told how well you speak of me.
It is not self-seeking-One thing you say to me so often is, "How can I best serve you right now?" You ask it, and follow through joyfully.
It is not easily angered-Even when I try to push your buttons, you pray and keep a tame tongue. You purpose in your heart no to say angry things that will still hurt after a fight has ended.
It keeps no record of wrongs-You never bring up past sins or ways I have wronged you. You move on and graciously move forward.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth-Your desire for me is to be like Jesus. You strive to protect me from the evils and dangers of the world, both physically and spiritually.
It always protects-Like not letting me go with the girls to Vegas without a guy to "protect" us (as much as I think I'll be fine, I love your desire to keep me safe),
always trusts-You trust me, yet still ask and hold me accountable. I love how open we are with one another,
always hopes-In Christ, you know that we can make it through anything together,
always perseveres-Through even the hardest time over the last 10+ years of marriage, we keep growing and going...and looking forward to the journey ahead.
Love never fails-My darling, even in failures (both mine and yours), our love and bond in Jesus has not and will not ever fail. I am so thankful to spend this life with you. What we share is better than anything I could have ever dreamed of. I am blessed to have a man who demonstrates love 365.25 days of the year (the ".25" accounts for leap year), not just on a day like Valentine's Day! I pray that we get to spend many more years together. I want to grow old and saggy with you. I look forward to the way you will look at me and make me feel beautiful when I am gray and wrinkled. I always say, "You can't fake a look," and your eyes say it all (they back up all the ways you show it)...I know how deeply you love me. I love you too!!!! Thank you for living out 1 Corinthians 13 in our marriage.
2X :)
4 comments:
Did you go through our closets to find those clothes? I know the photo is old, but I think I remember some of that stuff from years back in my closet. And, know that one day YOUR KIDS will be going through your closets looking for "old people junk" to wear so they can look old for a photo or a dance, or something.
Love this Amber :)
Wow, I love all the practical applications you wrote for each description of love! This post made me tear up, Amber. Love you guys!
I love, love, love this Koreny. Daniel is my muse and the best gift I could have received on this earth.
Post a Comment