Friday, December 24, 2010

This visit to the "Santa man"



We have told our children that Santa is pretend (but they will try not to spoil the "fun" for the other kids). They still wanted to see the man in the Santa suit at the mall. I had to prep them and iform them that the man in the suit knows he is pretending too, so that all the kids can have fun. I warned them not to get up there and be rude and say something like, "Santa's not real, so why are you asking me what I want for Christmas?" I told them just to say something they would like and then smile for the picture.

Isaac said, "I would like a G-guage garden railroad for my backyard."

Abigail (normally full of words and excitement) was utterly speechless. Once we left she said, "I wanted to tell Santa that I wanted a real gingerbread man...then I could eat him for Christmas. I wanted to tell Santa that."

Mommy said, "Well that was fun. No, I do not want to pay $16.95 for one 5X7, but thanks for letting me take pictures on my camera phone. Isaac, you know that guy is pretend so you he will not be bringing you another train. Okay, let's go."

Isaac replies, "I know, Mom. I wish we could have brought a gift for the Santa man."

"That is a great idea son. We'll do that next year."

No comments: