Friday, December 10, 2010

G is for Gingerbread



A little known fact about me, Amber, is that I don't think I have ever made a gingerbread house in my life. I remember baking with my mom. She would make giant cookie platters for friends and family that included each family member's favorite cookie and/or fudge. She told me that we probably never made them because she didn't like them. I really don't blame her; they don't taste very good.

Well, this Monday at our co-op preschool the letter was G. How could I avoid G is for Gingerbread? I couldn't. I, the queen of avoiding partially hydrogenated oils, caved in and bought a box of sugar and chemicals so the kids could have their first memory of making a house made of fun, mostly edible, little cookies, and candy. They had a blast. I was thankful that my friend Bethany was there to help clean up the kitchen because our 4 little builders left a very messy construction site.

3 comments:

lifeisgoodinthehood said...

Preschool in pajamas! Looks like so much fun for the kids.

CornyCornKorens said...

Christina, it is funny that you noticed that fact. I asked Beth if we could do PJ day because I knew it would be a mess (she still dressed her kids though).

The Somerville Four said...

Everett just made one with Ms. Amy! And he was SO proud of his work. Mommy was glad I didn't have to clean up the mess.:):)