
A is for Apple. That was the focus for our very first preschool time. With all the formal settings that Isaac is in (Cubbies, church, Tuesday morning during LBS) where he does group activities, crafts, memorization work and social interaction, I figured it would be fun to keep him home this last year before he goes off to Kindergarten. My friend Bethany agrees, so we are doing a little preschool co-op.
We had a calendar time, writing practice, finger painting, a dancing game that involved color and shape recognition, story time, another apple craft and a trip to the apple farm. At the apple farm, we bought 6 or 7 different types of apples, had a taste testing during lunch, and discovered the "star" inside the apple when you cut it the other direction. The day finished with feeding the horses (one of which bit my shirt), seeing the pigs and goats, playing in a hay maze and jumping in the giant apple bounce house. I'd say it was a good day!
2 comments:
That was just the first day? I think that's how much my boys do in a month of school! You are amazing my friend! No wonder Isaac is always wondering "what's next?" Love You!
Beautiful wife. Dedicated mom. Faithful friend. There are many, many reasons that I love you so.
Post a Comment