
We saw family in Cali, some that we have not seen in years!
Grandma Denise, Grandpa Craig, and Great Grandma Bonnie highlights:
*Talking, BBQing, swimming (Isaac officially learned to swim in their pool), having Isaac help Grandpa at the recycling center (as he talked and talked about garden railroads) and just being together
Uncle Kevin (Chris' brother):
*Rattlers BBQ lunch, seeing his office, getting ice cream and having "brother bonding time"
Grandpa Rick and Nona Linda:
*Running around with flashlights, the three generations of guys going to garage sales to find videos for the long car ride home, sitting at the kitchen table with Linda talking and eating crackers
Uncle Ray (Amber's uncle) and cousin Stanley:
*The kids just LOVED them so easily. Ray colored them pictures and carried them on his shoulders. He cracked them up, took them to see trains in Old Sac, and played penny games with Abigail. It was fun to see my cousin as a man (it has been 10 years since being together...before he was just a boy)
Uncle Ed and Tia MiMi (Amber's uncle and aunt):
*Wild turkeys, playing haunted house with Isaac in their sun porch for over an hour while Abigail napped, yummy curry, and feeding the ducks. I slept with the kids in a queen bed. I thought it would be plenty of room, but the kids could not possible get any closer to me without climbing on top of me...I was a kid sandwich!
Last but not least, I have to give a special shout out to Gramma DeeDee, my mom. After 10 days of vacation, Chris flew back to work. The next day, Gramma flew in and did the next 5 days of the trip with us (which included many hours of driving and more potty stops that we could count). She was AMAZING!!!! I don't know what I would do without her. The kids love her and Abigail's best and favorite naps are always with Gramma. One of my favorite moments on the drive back was listening to Little House on the Prairie on CD book. As Wilder described getting tired and letting out a big yawn as Pa played the fiddle, my mom and I yawned together right on cue. We are both easily influenced that way. I love you so much, Mom!!!
***Back home, Chris lived the bachelor life with Papa. Papa fed him ribs, beer and ice cream. The only thing Chris missed out on was snuggling and foot rubs. Papa spoils my hubby!
No comments:
Post a Comment