Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And then we met...











I was debating on whether or not to add this to the family post, but I had to make this its own entry because it was such a big deal! After just informing my half-brother earlier this year that I was the older sister that he never knew about, we actually met. I met Justin, his wife Gosia and my baby nephew, Charlie.

At first, I was nervous. I couldn't talk; I talked too much. Then, there was this moment that it just felt normal. We were in the kitchen and felt at home. Chris said it felt like he had been in their house 100 times...it was so comfortable, and Justin and Gosia were so nice and easy to get along with. I knew that I would be overjoyed to meet the brother I have loved for years (without even knowing), but I was glad to know that I also have a sister-in-law that is so wonderful. I have a sweet stop for little Charlie too...he has a great smile.

Highlights:
*"Do you have any weapons?!?!"
*California Railroad Museum
*BBQ with Great Grandpa John and Aunt Terri (and snuggling on the hammock with my son)
*Seeing Charlie climb all over Isaac
*Gosia reading to Abigail while Justin built play mat creations with Isaac
*Really hugging my brother for the first time and not letting go
*Seeing their family just as they are
*Laughing so loud that Chris was almost crying as he "tired" to play a video game with Justin
*Justin carrying Isaac on his shoulders for a long walk to the turntable in old Folsom
*Having my dad unexpectedly come to the door (who doesn't know that Justin knows)...yikes.
*Seeing their fantastic costume making skills

I am so happy that this has gone as well as it has. I am so happy to have a brother & more family that is so easy to love. It is better than I ever could have imagined.

Oh, how dare I forget...Isaac's favorite part of the ENTIRE trip...the dog, Chowder. He could not get enough of that dog. He said he liked him better than the rides as Disneyland and all the trains he saw. If Isaac was not allergic to dog saliva, we might have just taken Chowder and thrown him in the van when no one was looking. :)

2 comments:

lifeisgoodinthehood said...

I am so glad after all these years you had the courage to contact him. I am so happy you have reconnected. May this open more doors....

The Somerville Four said...

I love the top picture of you and Justin. And I love that dress!! YOU ARE REALLY CUTE! Praise God for His abundant goodness in giving you a forever friendship with your brother and his wife. That my friend is priceless.