Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy 30th Christina





My dear friend Christina is turning 30 today. Just think, this woman was just in elementary school with me in California when she was just a girl...wow, it's been a long time. We've been there for each other through braces, boyfriends, school projects, teachers, and other friends. We used to live two streets apart and walk to school together. We even carpooled to junior college (our mom's drove us because neither of us drove or had a car). We loved going to the pool, riding bikes or walking the paseos together. We used to walk up to the Alamo and split nachos or Subway to split a sandwich and Diet Coke. We served together in the dirt, building houses in Mexico, and shared a cabin together several times at Hume Lake. Christina always loved reading and doing well in school. She was a hard worker, even from a young age. She has always loved being outside and keeping busy.

Today, she's not much different. She is older and a tiny bit taller, but she is the same friend I had years ago. I am blessed to have her only a short drive away in the Columbia Gorge. I am thankful that we get to raise our kiddos together as "cousins." I am so happy to have a friend close by who is better than a sister. I love that she knows me like only an old friend can and loves me unconditionally. After nearly 20 years, I am blessed to still call her my friend.

Happy 30th Birthday Christina!!!!

2 comments:

The Somerville Four said...

I love this tribute to Christina! What a blessing from our gracious God.

Tom and DeeDee said...

It's hard to believe these are the same three (Amber, Christina and Kimmie) who are now great adults, wives, and mothers. I still remember Wilma, Christina's mom, at our front door looking for Christina and asking me what her shoes were doing in my living room; she had been looking for them for weeks and weeks (back in the day when the kids wore each others' (and sometimes their mom's) clothes. It seemed like DeeDee and I always had a bag of someone else's clothes at the door, hoping the owner would take them home.

Tom (Dad)