
My Friend Tiffany had a birthday yesterday. She is a few years older than me but she looks like she could be a girl in the highschool group at my church. (Tiff, your husband is so blessed to have you...you're a hottie!)
Anyway, she and I worked together at Legacy Private Academy California 6 years ago. I assisted in her classroom; she is the most amazing teacher I have ever seen. Even thinking back to that time reminds me how inspiring she was to the students and to me. She was so passionate for her students to learn and so loving toward them, they loved coming to class every day.
Tiff is one of the few dear friends in Cali I have made since high school that I maintain a close relationship with. It is amazing to think that one of my very best friends is one who I only spent less than one year with in person. We have been 1000 miles apart for over 80% of our friendship. The funny part about our year together is that 3 months of that year Chris and I lived with Tiff and her husband Dan. When we sold our condo, we had no place to live. The Somervilles took us in and gave us tea on the couch together by the fire, a wonderful guest room, and delicious candle-lit dinners on place mats with cloth napkins. Our time with them was like staying at the "Inn at Somerville."
Tiffany is like me in a few ways (mostly our drive, our love for taking control, and our love for making lists). Other than that, we are pretty much night and day. She likes to run, cats, hosting parties, meeting new people, taking naps, resting on vacations, hot weather, B&B's/nice hotels, extra crisp bacon with extra purple onions, not flying in airplanes, and watching weird movies...often including Tom Cruise. I, on the other hand...don't. :) I can pretty much bet that I won't like any movie about which she calls and says, "Koren, you have to see this!" I can also bet that if I call her when my heart is aching, she'll always say, "Koren, can I pray with you right now on the phone?" I love that we are so different...yet it works. It works because we make it work. It also works because we love Jesus and we love one another. Even though I would love to be sitting on the couch next to her typing this (though she'd be saying, "Koren, finish that and give me a rub"...because she is very persistent in getting me to rub her back...and I'd be saying, "Hold on!" To which she'd reply, "Come on Koren...PLEASE Koren!"), I am glad to have my dear friend...even if she's 1000 miles away.
Happy birthday "OLD" friend...I am so excited to see you in June...only 7 months until you ask for a rub and I refuse to go running with you. I love you...A LOT!
PS I don't think Chris will ever be an insurance salesman. :) XOXO
1 comment:
Hi My Sweet Koren!
I LOVE this blog entry. And I love you. You are the icing on the cake, and I praise God for our relationship.
xoxo,
T
Post a Comment