Friday, November 14, 2008

Getting excited to cook!

I am actually getting excited about cooking. Due to the fact that the kids and I are on a restricted/allergy diet (I am only because I nurse Abigail) and because Chris hasn't even made it home in time for dinner in who knows how long, I have dreaded making anything. I know there are people like my friends Lindsay and Christina who are mommies and work who still manage to keep their meal interesting and actually continue to try new recipes...not me. I am thankful to get a salad made with some chicken (that's not too dry because leave it in the oven 10 minutes too long I had to attend to the kids who are doing who knows what at the moment when the timer went off).

Anyway, I realized I started that last paragraph with talking about getting excited about cooking and only talked about how much I don't like it and don't so it....Here is why I am excited...I have finally pulled recipes from the girl who has made something in the crockpot every day of 2008 and posts it to her blog (she was even on Rachel Ray on day 160-something). Crockpotting never sounds good in the summer but sounds great in the fall. I love soups and one-dish meals. I love the easy clean-up after dinner. The crock-pot works out great for our family because Chris doesn't leave for work until 9:30am but gets home between 6:45-8:30pm. That means the mornings are great and the evenings are chaos; cooking dinner in the morning is awesome.

I have the harvest stew in the crock right now and am make the cornbread stuffing tomorrow (to test and see if I want to make it on Thanksgiving). For those who like to crockpot, check out YEAR OF CROCKPOTTING

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I've made several of her recipes- very good!! Last week, we had the pasta fagioli, and it was delish.
Thanks for the "shout out" lol. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it more.

The Somerville Four said...

I SO wish we could be there for Thanksgiving to cook alongside you, play games after dinner and dessert, and watch the boys push the cars around the house. I love you, Amber and I miss you.

Tom and DeeDee said...

Sounds like a cry for Meals on Wheels from Grandma and Papa in Scappoose.