Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever. Heb 13:8

I read through the book of Hebrews today during the kids' nap. The book is so rich with info that it is a little overwhelming (especially knowing the Jewish context in which the letter holds in order to better understand it). At the same time, there is so much to be gleaned from its richness. Though it talks about Old Testament faithful people, the tabernacle, and old ways of sacrifice, it always points to Christ! As I was finishing my reading, I rested on the verse above. Sometimes I just breeze over verses like that (the "sure, I know that" kind of verses), but there is something to be said of about the sheer magnitude of its truth. When you are tempted to fret over the real estate, stock and job markets, just remember that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever." Circumstances are always unstable, but we don't waiver in tough times when we fully abide in Christ and His word. In this world where truth seems to be determined by popular oppinion (or the voice of a few loud ones with a immoral agenda), it is good to remember that His word does not change (no matter what the the most recent polls say). Truth is always true; God is always who He says He is; He is always faithful to do as He says in His word. He is the Solid Rock upon which I stand.

No comments: