Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun, Fred, Fire, Foot-Flusher and Flying a Kite

Though we had 2 kids and a mommy with boogers and a cold, we drove 5 hours (round trip) yesterday to see family I haven't seen in years (and the kids have never met).

My mom's oldest brother, Fred, and his wife, Sheila, retired some years ago (nice huh?) and have an RV that they often bring up to their property in WA, right next to the beach. I just LOVE my aunt and uncle and, naturally, so did the kids (even though Abi-girl was teething and was a fuss-fuss).

We met my parents and Hanna (their German exchange student who will be with them for a year) there and had such a nice time. The beach was perfect for a long walk with my aunt. It was so great just to talk a catch up. Isaac built a sand castle with Grandma, flew a kite with Uncle Fred, played outside with Hanna, snored with Papa, laughed by the camp fire with Aunt Sheila and was a great boy for mom in the van the entire drive. Praise Jesus! He also stayed dry and liked going potty in the RV because the flusher was a foot pedal he could step on. (With kids, it's always those little things that are the best).

I am reminded of how blessed we are that God has given us such a great family and how precious a gift they are. The time goes quickly and it will be over before we even realize it. In light of that, I praise God for the security I have knowing that Christ paid the penalty for my sin on the cross and, by no merit of my own, I will be able to dwell with Him in Heaven for eternity. I am reminded that this life really is a vapor. I am also reminded that Heaven will be so much better!

If you think about it, please pray for my uncle Fred. He has a aggressive (treatable/not "curable") form of bladder cancer. Pray that he finds rest and hope that can only be found in Christ. Pray for wisdom and accuracy for the doctors and the treatment. Pray also for my aunt who is his support. XOXO FRED & SHEILA!!!!!

No comments: