Monday, January 30, 2012

Survive the Five

It was fun having "twins" for a few days

Meeting baby "no name"

...they finally named him Nathan
My dear friend, Bethany, had her son on Friday the 13th of January. We were honored to be able to take care of their kiddos while they were in the hospital. We had them Saturday morning through Monday evening...and by "we" I mean "me." Since Chris works weekends, I was pretty much solo with 5 kiddos, ages 5 and under. Thankfully, they all love one another so much and get along very well. They had two nights of sleepovers and were busy bees during the day. I even braved taking them all to church and to a birthday party. I did save a special "movie time" as a treat on Monday (they thought it was for them...nope, for me).

We we dropped them off Monday evening, the kids were super sad. We missed them and felt like the van was too empty and quiet on the drive home. I loved having a full house (but I won't miss the diapers). :)

Aubree checking out the snow before church on Sunday

Kayla had a gun and was in charge of all the boys! It was so funny.

This is just the beginning of the booby traps the boys set for their sisters (two full rolls of masking tape).

Every pillow in the house became part of the boys' fort. They even had warning bells to alarm them if the girls were trying to enter.

No comments: