Friday, January 6, 2012

My Baby Girl Turns 4

So today is my baby girl's 4th birthday. When I kissed her last night in her bed, I told her I couldn't believe that my little girl is almost 4 years old. It was only 4 years ago that I was rushing Amber to the hospital. Abigail came out fast (ironic, because she is so slow at everything now) and I almost passed out. The nurse had to give me a chair to sit down. Amber said I'm pushing this girl out, but the doctor said to wait. Amber said no and pushed anyway. Seconds later my sweet big girl (again ironic, because she is so petite now) was introduced to the world. 
Abigail's name means "father's joy." How she has lived up to that. I am so in love with her. I get butterflies in my stomach sometimes when she looks deep into my eyes and says "I love you daddy." She is so sweet and loves to love! I can't imagine my life without her. God has truly blessed me! 
I love you little princess!
 
 Daddy 

3 comments:

lifeisgoodinthehood said...

Happy Birthday Abigail! Chris- your blog brings tears to my eyes; how blessed that little girl is to call you dad.

Becky said...

What a little sweetheart. I love that picture! And I love that you blog too Chris. Happy Birthday Abigail!

The Somerville Four said...

I love you, sweet Abigail!!!!! I am so thankful for you, your brother, and your mom and dad.