We have been telling Isaac for months that, as soon as he turns 3, he will not be able to suck his thumb anymore. Well the day came. He has been doing such a good job. The first night he had to stop, he cried and said, "I want to be 2 again." He takes a lot longer to go to sleep and has completely missed a few naps since, but he will not put his thumb in his mouth. He asks almost every night if he can suck his thumb again, but when we remind him that he's too old...he actually obeys. We bought this special bitter stuff to paint on his thumb to help him but never needed it; we returned it to Rite Aid. As you can see in the pictures, it's his thumb and "Old Doggie" that he uses when he naps...now it's just the blue dog. Our baby boy is growing up!
Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst...welling up to eternal life." John 4:13,14
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
"No more sucking my thumb!"
We have been telling Isaac for months that, as soon as he turns 3, he will not be able to suck his thumb anymore. Well the day came. He has been doing such a good job. The first night he had to stop, he cried and said, "I want to be 2 again." He takes a lot longer to go to sleep and has completely missed a few naps since, but he will not put his thumb in his mouth. He asks almost every night if he can suck his thumb again, but when we remind him that he's too old...he actually obeys. We bought this special bitter stuff to paint on his thumb to help him but never needed it; we returned it to Rite Aid. As you can see in the pictures, it's his thumb and "Old Doggie" that he uses when he naps...now it's just the blue dog. Our baby boy is growing up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good for you, Sweet Boy! I think your Uncle Dan may have sucked his thumb till he was 6 or 7, so you're ahead of the game. Way to persevere!!!
Great Job Isaac!! I, too, sucked my thumb til 4 or 5. Thumbs are so much harder to stop than pacifiers- those you can just take away!!!
Although I can't stand to see 4 year old kids sucking their thumbs, I am sad to see my little boy growing up. I some times wish too that he can be 2 again.
Chris
PS- Uncle Dan only sucked his thumb at bedtime...certainly not at the mall or in the town square. xoxo!
sure uncle dan...whatever...i know you sucked your thumb on the playground
gosh, I took away Elijah's blanket this past birthday at 4 but the finger is hard to stop at bedtime. He still sucks his finger sometimes when he sleeps but if I see it he gets a reminder.
Hope Isaac continues to do so well!
Post a Comment