Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Our Precious Son

My Friend Bethany said I should start writing down cute things that Isaac says, here is my first set of tidbits:

***First, I am so proud that Isaac recited his first Bible verse in the kids' program at church while I'm at the ladies' Bible study on Tuesday mornings. He was so excited to get a sticker. He memorized John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father but through me." They told me he did better than most of the 4 & 5 year olds. :)

***This time has open the door to sharing the gospel in so many different ways. In the car, on the way home, he asked, "Mommy, does Jesus have a hole?" I replied, "What?" He went on to ask, "How to do go 'through' Jesus?" IT was a huge opportunity to share with him that we have a big mountain of sin that separates us from God. There is nothing we can ever do to get around it or over it. Thankfully, Jesus (because of His death on the cross) is the tunnel to get through it to God...he's not even 3...it was the best I could think of. :)

***Isaac also insists that his friend's dad, John, is the one who said the verse...not John in the Bible.

***Isaac's common lines/phrases:
~"But I'm growing!"
~"I'm not 3 yet!"(because he knows that at 3 he is no longer aloud to such his thumb at night).
~(Fill in any subject, followed by) "...Why? Talk about it"
~"Look at me! Watch me!"
~"Lay with me; sleep with me; snuggle with me"
~"No thank you."
~"My best friend is Johnny."
~"Does that have dairy in it? I'm allergic to dairy."
~"I don't like chocolate...Grandma likes chocolate...Why don't I like chocolate?"
~"Drive safe. Slow down. Stop. Green light. You're going the wrong way. I wanted to go right. Mommy, why did you go the wrong way?"
~"Can I listen to my music now?"

***Random things he says that made me laugh:
~"The Devil is mean...can I kick him?"
~"I want to go Heaven and kiss Jesus and hug Him."
~"Can I watch a video...cuz I'm sick." (but he's not...he's just making an excuse to watch a video from the library).
~"I'm a TV junker."
~(When being served dinner, he looks at it and says) "But that's not my favorite...Dinos, noodles and oatmeal...that's my favorite!"
~"Sometimes I like spinach and sometimes I don't...sometimes it makes me barf."
~(He'll come running out of the bathroom after Daddy puts in hair gel and say) "I'm so handsome!"
~"Why did they try to give me the wrong crackers at church?" (He knows that he has to be very careful with his allergies)
~"For my birthday, I want to take the MAX train and have a party at the airport. I want a cupcake and a candle...and blow it out."
~"I don't like the snow, because it's too cold."


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Silly Boy!! SOOOO SMART! What a great idea! I should start to write down Hayden's lines.