Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Is that Isaac?" said Crystal

After a 6:30 am flight, three stops, one layover and a plane change, we made it to Alabama. Matt met us down the street and took Isaac to the door to surprise Crystal and the kids. When she saw him she said, "Is that Isaac? That can't be Isaac!" Because Matt was the only one that knew we were coming for the week, they were both excited and confused. Needless to say, they were very surprised.

We have taken a lot of pictures so far (and will add them to the blog when we get home).

Sunday we enjoyed a great sermon out of 1 Peter 3 at there church. It is funny because our pastor at out church is also going through 1 Peter. It was a good reminder to "be holy" because Christ is holy and he calls us to live a life of obedience to His word. There pastor challenged us to check out where we spend out time, money and affections to see what gods/idols we have put before the Lord Jesus. I know that I tend to put tasks around the house above my time in the word. Because we are doing the women's study at our church, God is using it to really make me faithfully dig in to Hebrews. It is amazing to see how the word of God does not return void. It does change my heart and make me look more like Him. The things I struggle with when I neglect my time in the word fade when I abide in Him and meditate on the truth. He word is living and active and sharper than a sword.

Anyway, we have had the nicest time visiting. The kids love being together. Isaac, of course, loves all the kids' toys (especially the trains) that are new to him, but he really enjoys having friends to play with. He adores having people around; he has eaten up having Elijah to play trains with and having Annalise laugh at almost everything he says. Abigail LOVES Elijah and Jadyn. She makes the cutest smiley faces at baby Zechariah. He is so cute; if they wanted to get married, we'd totally go for it. We have ventured to the park and gone out to great BBQ. Most of the time, we are just hanging out at the house and playing at the Carver's "park" in the backyard. The weather has been 78-82 and beautiful (I'd say perfect, but there are too many bugs).

Matt, who is a teacher, and all the girls have had school off since we've been here, but are going back tomorrow. We we'll hang out with Crystal and her two boys that aren't in school. On Thursday, we'll venture to Georgia to see our friends, Jessica and David and there three kids.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yay! That sounds fun. I didn't know it was a surprise, even more fun!! Have a great time.

(fix your title, it says "I that Isaac)

xoxo