Thursday, April 5, 2012

Deep Inhale

Breathing it in...eyes closed, through the nose, pause
     Deep inhale.

As we prepare...flower leis, tropical bouquet, loving hug
     Deep inhale.
Together on errands...spiral notebook, DVDs, filling white balloons
     Deep inhale.
Envisioning a home...pebble floors, purple flowers, the smell of wood
     Deep inhale.
Setting the stage....quilt waving, eagle displayed, portrait admired
     Deep inhale.
Soldier's honor...soothing taps, the folds of a flag, salute
     Deep inhale.
Words of tribute...happy memories, dance moves, tearful pauses
     Deep inhale.
Grieving the loss...missing him, long embraces, baby steps forward
     Deep inhale.
Lunch by the beach...cool breeze, big group of family and friends, just three
     Deep inhale.
Walking in Laguna...strolling conversations, picture moments, together each step
     Deep inhale.
Running together...heart searching, amphitheater reflections, sun-kissed faces
     Deep inhale.
Enjoying God's creation...slowly sinking sunsets, crashing waves, rainbows of colors
     Deep inhale.
Being close...back rubs, tooth-brushing  laughter, the spa
     Deep inhale.
Reliving his life...favorite songs, stream of pictures, voice immortalized on video
     Deep inhale.
Little connections...matching shoes, shared chowder, coordinating outfits
     Deep inhale.
Walking through the days ahead...hope in trials, united in prayer, living out real love
     Deep inhale.

Breathing it in...eyes open, purposed in heart, pause
     Deep inhale.


Sanuks




Dan's Facebook moment


Tiff's dad's glasses never go out of style

Crab Cooker, Newport Beach

Quilt made of Tiff's dad's Hawaiian shirts

Powerful...

Showing our peace signs in honor of Ricky


"Well, hello...everybody!"



Moving moment

3 comments:

The Somerville Four said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Amber! I love you. I love you. I love you.

Kara Chupp said...

I love this Amber.
Moments. Captured. Beautiful.
A life honored...

Tiffany H Somerville said...

I look at this at least once a day. Just the thought of us being together on that day brings me such happiness. I will never be able to completely tell you how much it meant to me to have there. I thank God for photographs and the video you were able to take during the service.