Chris and I made a bucket lists. One of mine was skiing. I tried snowboarding at Hume Lake Winter Camp in high school (which was SO AWESOME, by the way), but I have never skied. When a "Groupon" type deal that included a class, rentals and the lift ticket for the day came up, I didn't want to miss it.
Long story short, Chris' staff changed at work so he couldn't get the day off. My girlfriend got really ill the day before. I ended up going with her husband, which was actually pretty cool because he'd never skied before either. The two stooges were going to learn to ski!
![]() |
| Amazing how quiet it is up there |
| Mt Hood...we were way up there! |
We skied the rest of the day. It was fun, sunny and so peaceful. At the end of the day, we went for "one last run." The snow was chopped up and the warn sun was definitely melting it a bit. I hit a chunk of snow and landed on my head. OUCH! I was thankful that the girl in the turquoise was no where in sight. The next day my neck couldn't turn at all. I sprained it. After a week, I was much better; praise God there was nothing torn or broken.
It was fun, but I don't know if this old dog will do it again. It is checked off my bucket list though...without having kicked the bucket doing it. I'd say it was a good day.


No comments:
Post a Comment