Monday, September 26, 2011

Oh my boy...

Isaac trying to chop off her (Ariel wig) hair (like Rapunzel) in order to stop her "magic healing powers"


I love our dates together!

How I love you so! You are mini-me as a boy. I cried for you today when I thought your crushed spirit. I know how much you long for love, attention and affection. I know how much it hurts when you put yourself out there and get hurt by others. I ache when you doubt our love for you...God's even bigger love for you. I pray that when people treat you unkindly you would not take it personally...that you would see how fearfully and wonderfully made you are. I pray that things you love will still be great to you even of no one else likes it or thinks it is "cool." I pray that you would see yourself though my loving eyes...God's loving sacrifice. I pray that you would find your worth, strength, joy, boldness, and hope in what you know to be true from God's Word. I think you are amazing (Daddy and I are both your biggest fans). You have so many gifts. I pray that you would not quickly get defeated or beat yourself up. I pray that you would continue to love others more than yourself and be quick to show them grace. I pray that you would really have a heart for others and pursue new relationships, even when they don't come easy. I pray that God brings you a good friend at school...one that is kind, has things in common with you, and whose personality complements yours. I pray that our family would be able to share the love of Christ with them. I pray that you always feel my love for you and know that I am here for you!!! I pray for wisdom and strength in the decisions Daddy and I make and the things we say in order to be the very best parents for you. We love you bigger than all the stars in the sky!

1 comment:

The Somerville Four said...

I always remind Liam to continue to love when he's conflicted with a buddy. Love like Christ. And be so thankful that he loved you unconditionally. Praise God for your dedication as a mother and the ability to shepherd those little souls on earth.