You are going to be four in January yet, at times, I feel like I am getting to really know you for the first time. Your first year, you were the easiest baby on the planet...slept wherever, didn't cry unless you were REALLY hungry or REALLY tired, and were generally content. You lived in the shadow of your brother for so long. Because of that, you don't really "come out" as your own person until we get you alone.
So, I am making it a point to spent "date" time with you on Wednesday mornings while Isaac is at school. It was such a special treat for you to sit with me at Starbucks, eat a pink sprinkle donut, play "guess that princess," and walk the mall together. At points I looked at you in the eye and got a little nervous. It sounds silly, but I thought to myself, "What do we talk about?"
Isaac is easy for me to relate to because we share the same brain and never get tired of talking. He has the engineering brain and puts a lot on paper. There is never that awkward silence with Isaac...in fact, I don't know if he is ever silent with me. :)
You are "simple," just like your Daddy (he always tells me that). I love that about you both. I don't need to over think who you are. I just need to appreciate who you are. I like to be busy, busy, talkie, talkie. Daddy is happy just sitting, enjoying and doing very little. I am go. He is relax. It doesn't take much to please him. It is the same with you. You are mini-Daddy all wrapped up in a pretty purple bow.
So, little girl, I'll meet you where you are. You are my simple, happy girl. You like to walk the mall with me, touch things, discuss fashion, pick out new outfit combinations (and are happy when you get to wear a "new" article of clothing...even if you know it was a hand-me-down because you "never wore it before"), everything princesses, getting your nails painted, being read to, holding my hand, and think it is a special treat to eat an 1/2 of an avocado (because God made it to have its own bowl that you can simple use a spoon to scoop out). You still love to be held and snuggle. You have a great memory for anything set to music (even a song you heard Isaac's K teacher sing once). You have a simple, sweet imagination and praise God with a joyful, high-pitched voice, when He heals one of your injuries. You love having your hair done and can't wait to show Daddy when you are ready in the morning just so he can tell you how beautiful you are. You are really thankful! You are so quick to show appreciation with the most excited, charming face I have ever seen. I love who God has made you and I am so thankful for these next two, very special years we have together before you start kindergarten.

1 comment:
Love, love, love this post. Enjoy your time with your sweet little girl!!
Post a Comment