Sunday, September 25, 2011

Girls' Weekend in So Cal

Morning run in San Diego


Tiff and Toes

Love the endless chip basket!

First time seeing Sarah as "Overton" and as a mommy

Lovin' Hannah and Jackson

A plane trip solo...what a difference!!!

Girl, Girl and Girl


Seriously, so cute!

...after nearly 20 years, better than ever!



Lunch atop Nordstrom  

I am so thankful for FRIENDS who:

-Plan a girls’ weekend
-Spoil me with a pedicure
-Treat me to lunch and dinners out (sushi, Mexican, Stone Fire)
-Engage in REAL conversation…
-Make me lunch, dinner…even breakfast muffins
-Share their kiddos with me (dancing, reading stories, laughing)
-Give me as many peanut products as I can eat while I am away from home
-Wash and fold my laundry
-Listen to my ramblings
-Shuttle me to and from LAX regardless of traffic
-Don’t allow time or distance to separate us
-Tolerate when I constantly use my fingers to eat and pick at stuff
-Make me laugh
-Drive me all around town
-Aren’t afraid to bra shop in groups
-Encourage me to be better than I am with their words and/or their example
-Are flexible, gracious, generous and fun
-Long to be close
-Look at each other at the exact moment in a movie when someone is laughing too loud (or share their candy with me)
-Know that the best part of eating on a rooftop, getting coffee or sharing a meal is being together

I am so thankful for FAMILY who:
-Take such good care of my kids when I am away
-Miss me when I am gone
-Step up the plate and “get ‘er done” even without my help
-Let me have time away but love when I get home

1 comment:

The Somerville Four said...

You are BLESSED! Too bad we didn't photograph our sweaty, stroller run.:) Love you. Miss you.