Yesterday, we were given a bag of hand-me-down clothes for Isaac. We were sorting through them and he was excited to see a Superman shirt. I agreed to let him put it on. Before he did, he said, "Did ________ give this to me?"
I said, "Yes, isn't that nice?
To which, he replies, "Yeah, because it smells like their house."
The new batch of clothes inspired me to organize the clothes that have been returned from other families and want to pass on to others.
I wondered if my boy could do it again...I handed him a shirt that was his that had been worn and washed by another family. I said, "Isaac, what does this shirt smell like?"
He took a deep whiff, thought, and said he didn't know. I could see the look on his face, he was almost there. I insisted he try again. He took another big sniff, closed his eyes and proclaimed the right answer! He guessed the smell of the right family!
I know that we all have different smells in our homes, from our skin, pets, cleaning chemicals, carpets, detergents, fabric softeners and even what plants we have in and around our homes. It is really neat that my boy has a sharp sense of smell and is attentive to details. I think this is one of the many things that make him so unique and special to me.
My little Bloodhound.
4 comments:
wow that's amazing! he's a cutie too.
GREAT post! LOVE that boy! And I love the pic of you in the suit on the previous post! HOT mama!!;) Laguna Beach, T's 35th, November 10-17. The sunsets are the best in the fall.
Maybe he can be a detective like on Law and Order C.I.
Isaac and I are of the same "nose." I do the same thing. When people either borrow baby clothes or give us hand me downs, they always wash them and neatly fold them, but still, they go DIRECTLY into my washer. I can't help it ... I MUST wash them immediately otherwise they smell like that family rather than like us. I am such a creature of habit that I have bought the same laundry detergent for well over a decade, and I don't plan on ever changing brands. Matt thinks I am a freak. I will have to tell them that I am not alone in my smell-awareness.
Post a Comment