Sunday, August 15, 2010

F-R-E-E Summer



I was just thinking of how many fun things we have done this summer for FREE! Chris and I love a good deal and love thing FREE even more. Even if the Lord granted us millions of dollars, we'd still get excited about getting something free.

Here are some examples of our free Summer fun:

A day at the Portland Children's Museum
A day at OMSI
Big Truck Show
Regal Cinema family movies
Train ride at Bridgeport Village mall
Spray parks
Fishing day at Bonneville Dam
Wa County Fair
Lowes Build and Grow workshops (bibs, goggles, badges and the projects they build)
NW Natural Street of Dreams tour (with hot dogs and drinks)

Church events:
Water play/water slides Wednesdays (with free snow cones)
BBQ's (that come with games, food and desserts/more water play)
Car Show

City events:
Picnics/BBQ's and concerts in the parks
Movies in the parks (which are SO COOL)

Library events:
Puppet shows
Juggling show/magic show
Train show
Summer reading program/free books to keep
*We are also too cheap for Red Box and reserve our videos from the library

It is also fun to get the free goodies that they pass out at these events. We have come home with, literally, bags worth of free things. Here are some that I remember:
*4 free ice cream cone coupons
*2 free kid's sundaes
*4 free Mc Donald's kid's meals
*2 free kids meals from Red Robbin
*(if you include the free burgers for birthdays) Red Robbin has give us 4 free burgers and an appetizer
*2 free appetizers at Stanfords
*2 free Child ID kits
*2 free McD apple dippers
*2 free Krispy Cream doughnuts
*tattoos, coloring books, pinwheels, crayons, stickers, lolly pops, McD toys, pencils, balloons...

I know there is more, but I just can't think of them right now. In addition to that, we also have gotten tons of coupons to use if we want to actually spend any money. :)

It is so fun! I know there is more free...I just didn't have time to go to it all this year.

Looking forward to the rest of summer and F-R-E-E activities in the fall

No comments: