
Isaac has been making lots of cards in the past few days. He made thank you cards for fire fighters, police officers and EMT drivers. The top card in the picture is a thank you card for the "Life Flight" people (who are EMTs in the sky). I just loved his helicopter. The other picture is one he made for an up-coming Sleeping Beauty birthday party. Can you see the detail of the princess (awake) with her hair, crown, dress, pillow and blanket? Isaac still says that he likes to scribble better than staying in the lines, "Because it's faster!"
Cute moments:
*Isaac accidentally hits a friend in the eye with the toy. After seeking forgiveness, I get silly and say, "Now kiss his eyeball!"
Isaac laughs.
I repeat it.
He laughs again, a little less enthusiastic.
I repeat it.
He replies, "Mom, it's not funny anymore."
*Isaac is laying on his back, admiring a rock that he painted. He is looking at it intently as he holds it over his face. All of the sudden, he is holding his face and crying.
I ask, "Isaac did you throw it in the air, because you know that gravity makes everything come down."
"Mom, I didn't throw the rock. I accidentally dropped it."
"Honey, if you do that over your face, where do you think it will land?"
"Mom," he says weeping, "sometimes gravity isn't helpful!"
Abigail moments:
*She asked a man at Arbor's grand opening at Daddy's work, "So, why did you come to this event today?" He was shocked and didn't know how to answer.
*In the middle of places, she just starts dancing (to the music in her head). She has a great shoulder bob and loves to shake her bottom.
*She has a true love for the color purple (she is "willing" to use pink). I always know which picture from Sunday School is hers because it is mostly, if not entirely, purple.
*She will sing on command...loudly.
*Today, one of the Sunday School teachers said Abigail is a "Delight!" When they built a Tower of Babel out of blocks and knocked it down, she was welling up with tears. (She obviously doesn't get the meaning of the Bible story, but she probably remembers how sad her brother was when she knocked down something cool he built).
1 comment:
Friday night during the kids sleepover, after reading some stories to Isaac as part of getting him ready for bedtime, he asked me why the TV was still on downstairs in the family room. I told him we just probably forgot to turn it off when we all came upstairs. (Now for the amazing part). Then he said, "Papa, please go downstairs and turn the TV off, it's distracting me." I don't think I even knew the word 'distracting' when I was 4 1/2.
Post a Comment