Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst...welling up to eternal life." John 4:13,14
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
We got the key (yes, only one)!
For the last few months, we have been praying that God would close the door or open the door to the new house we were trying to buy. We are content with whatever His plan is for us (whether it included this house or not). Through a series of events, God made it evident that He was opening doors and that He wanted us to patiently trust Him. Today He opened the door wide when He gave us the key (we only got one key, no garage door opener, and no mailbox key...trusting God with those little details too). :)
We have already been blessed with house guests stopping by to say hi, drop off cookies and even stay to offer help. As I type, Chris is back over at the house pulling carpets with Cliff after painting with Andy. I know these men put in a long day at work, so their sacrificial help means all the more. I'll be back over there tomorrow to do more painting (and have friends available to watch the kids so I can actually get things done). I am humbled and encouraged by those who so eagerly offer help.
We are blessed beyond measure and are so thankful. We look forward to the opportunity to have our home open to loads of guests. We are also excited at the thought of seeing our kids grow up in this house. We don't know what the future holds, but it would be cool to have the grandchildren visiting us here one day. Anyway, we are so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Congratulations! Cliff said he had fun!
Wonderful news!!! What fun to have you so close in now! Please call if you want to drop the kids off here to play some morning while you do stuff at the house. It is seriously no problem. Tyler would love it!
Post a Comment