Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Will Carry You--Selah

This song spoke to my heart today.

It has been about one year since we adopted 3 embryos through the Snowflakes program. My heart aches for my three little ones I never got to meet, see, or hold in my arms. I count it a blessing that God allowed me to "carry" them in my womb...even if only for a brief time. I cry; I rejoice in our GREAT God with the same tears.

Listen to the words...

I Will Carry You, by Selah

There were photographs I wanted to take
Things I wanted to show you
Sing sweet lullabies, wipe your teary eyes
Who could love you like this?People say that I am brave but I’m not
Truth is I’m barely hanging on
But there’s a greater story
Written long before me
Because He loves you like this

So I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All my life
And I will praise the One Who’s chosen me
To carry you

Such a short time
Such a long road
All this madness
But I know
That the silence
Has brought me to His voice
And He says…

I’ve shown her photographs of time beginning
Walked her through the parted seas
Angel lullabies, no more teary eyes
Who could love her like this?

I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All your life
And I will praise the One Who’s chosen Me
To carry you

***If you want to know more of the story, check back to the blog in spring 2009.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That is an awesome song. I'm sorry they didn't live here. But they are really LIVING there! Love you friend.

Unknown said...

Hi Amber & Chris! Wow I just stumbled across your blog. Can't believe you have 2 kids; they are really cute. You guys look great too! Just wanted to say hi :)
Melissa

The Somerville Four said...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will set your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6. Love you so much. xoxo!