

Lindsay said that when she was a being born, her mom realized that her 30th birthday would be on 09-09-09...well, today is the day! (I still am amazed that her mom was thinking that far ahead with a newborn--I was just surviving when my first was born).
Anyway, when I met Lindsay, I had no idea we would be friends. Funny, because I don't really even remember how we met. I know that we went to junior high together and she was one of the only girls in school (or boys for that matter) who was as tall as I was. I remember that she was quiet, but still socially very outgoing...and super funny. She was the queen of one-liners and still, to this day, is one of the few people who can really make me laugh out-loud. One day, she invited me to spend the night and the rest is history. From 13 to 30, we have experienced a lifetime together. We made it through puberty, high school, "first loves," heartbreaks, friend drama, boy drama, family drama, and adult drama, weddings, pregnancy and the joys/trials of motherhood. We have experienced life, death and everything in between. She threw me a bridal shower, sang at my wedding, and her oldest son was my oldest's first friend. We now live 1000 miles apart, but we work at staying friends because we have so much history...and so much today. She is more like a sister to me than anything else. I nearly lived with her for parts of high school and wore all her cutest outfits (not the shoes though...she does have bigger feet). :) She has taken numerous plane trips here to visit and hosted me back in our old hometown. She has really invested in our relationship.
It amazes me that God has graced me with a hand-full of friendships that have stood the test of time. I know it is grace because I am so undeserving of the dear, cherished love of my long-lasting friends. Thanks for all the times you have forgiven my wrongs, been patient with me when I was rude, been there even when I was the most selfish and loved me anyway.
Lindsay, I love you, continually pray for you and hope you have a great 30th day today...see you next week!!!!
3 comments:
Lindsay,
I am so thankful that you are such a great friend to my wife. I am very thankful that you are in our lives. I do wish we lived closer. I hope that your day is special. I am glad that you will get the gift of my wife next week.
Chris
What a beautiful tribute to your friendship! Praise God for His goodness to us in the form of lasting relationships. They make life so much more colorful. Love you.
Thank you, my friend. You are so much more to me than just "a friend." I think sisters is much more like it!! I love you and seriously cannot wait til Thursday. xoxo
Post a Comment