Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mommy's Special Date with Isaac

Seriously, my mom is so, cool! She took me out for the day and let me choose to do whatever I wanted! There was no one but Mom and me. Abigail was with Gramma and Papa and Daddy was at work. So, This is what I planned for our day:
First, we took the Max train to the zoo. At the zoo I make an elephant mask that I was able to cut out by myself. I love scissors!
At the zoo, mom and I danced to Hawaiian music learned to hula. She kept going on and on about how much she wants to go back to Hawaii; she says I would love it there.
We went to see the new "Africa" at the zoo which is a home to lions and cheetahs. I wasn't too excited about the sleeping animals, but mom let me stay in the awesome safari truck as long as I wanted; I never get to do that when my sister is with us. To top it off, mom (for the very first time) let me play in the giant sandbox at the zoo. Every time we have gone in the past, she always says I can't play in it...but not today. I played in there a very long time with two other boys. We played with construction trucks and got covered in sand. I love being a boy!
After the zoo, we hopped back on the train and went to a big, old toy store called Finnegans. It was huge and I played at the train table for what seems like forever. I didn't buy anything because everything I had my eye on was too expensive, but I still had a blast.
We then hopped back on the train and took a ride all the way to the airport. We went to the top level of the parking structure and watched the planes take off and land. Follow that, we came in and played at the indoor play area in the airport. Mom and I built a Lego toy store (pictured above)...sorry for the face in the picture, I told my mom I had to go to the bathroom and she insisted that she get a picture of our building first.
Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, Mom and I shared dinner together at the airport while we talked and watched more planes. She let me pick what we ate so we share rice and a Jamba Juice. I was so great to spend the whole day together...especially since I picked what we got to do. :)
It is tiring doing all the fun things you want to in one day. I had a little nap on the way home in the train. We didn't get home until after 7pm. Thanks for the fun day mom! Thanks Gramma and Papa for taking Abigail. I love you!

2 comments:

lifeisgoodinthehood said...

Wow...you can't top that day.

The Somerville Four said...

You are an AMAZING mother, Amber! All glory be to Him!