This is why I am so thankful that my parents have "retired" here in Oregon. Papa has officailly graduated to watching the kids solo...GREAT JOB PAPA!!!
Here is the story written by Papa:
The grand kids spent the night here last night so Amber and Chris could have a night alone to celebrate his birthday. They will coming over around 5 PM today - I'm cooking Chris dinner for his birthday, one of his favorites, my BBQed ribs, which are actually baked in the oven for an hour or so then BBQ sauce for 15 to 20 minutes more. The ribs have been in the refrig getting happy with the rub I put on Tuesday afternoon. Isaac had a bad dream around midnight and fell out of bed around 1:30. Gramma handled those, but nonetheless, I was awake and finally ended up reading until 3:30, then up at 6:10 so I could get to my Thursday morning Men's breakfast and Bible study (I have no problem leaving DeeDee alone with the kids) DeeDee went to her Columbia River Piecemaker's Quilt Guild last night, leaving me ALONE with the kids. Abigail went down for the night just before she left, so it was just Isaac and me. We did OK, but I did get really mad once when he just would not obey. Guess I scared him, cause he was good the rest of the night. Then, she did it to me again this morning, leaving at 10:45 for a Dr.s appointment and not getting back until 1:30. Lots of pool time while she was gone - but that meant I was ON LIFEGUARD DUTY 100% of the time while the three of us were in the back yard due to the pool, whether they were in it or not. Got them fed from 11:15 to 11:45, then more pool time until about 12:15. Abigail was out of the pool walking past me, when suddenly she stopped, looked at me, grunted real hard (I knew what that meant) and started wailing. A combination of pooping into a soaked diaper, 45 minutes after lunch, and nap time, all hitting at the same moment. So, I had to secure Isaac and try to get a dripping, poopie Abigail through the house to the bathroom without anything dripping onto the carpet. I just put her into the tub so I could get the messy diaper off and not destroy the house doing so. It was amazing that she went from being so happy to all of a sudden so miserable - and no Gramma in sight. Got her cleaned up and changed and into something to sleep in and she went out immediately. That left Isaac. Brought him in, we watched the ABC Train video from the library (AGAIN FOR THE 99TH TIME), and Gramma came home at 1:30 just as it was ending. They went upstairs for room time, cause he said he didn't need a nap. Well, he was out from 2 to 3:45 - Little Mister I Don't Need A Nap . . . . When everyone finally goes home after dinner tonight, I will work on getting caught up on sleep and rest. . . . .
Baby sitting isn't too bad, AS LONG AS GRAMMA IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Serious Kudos to Papa for the poopy swim dipe. Matt and I each had to handle one of those on vacation. Thank goodness for showers at the pool! Great story. We love grands!
Post a Comment