Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our girl's first drive-in movie


So another one of the perks of living where we do is that we are near one of the last of the 400+ remaining drive-in movies in the United States. The only disadvantage is that we live so far north that the movie doesn't start until after 9:30pm because it takes so long to get dark. In our 6 years here, Chris and I have never made it through the second movie in the double feature.

In order to get a decent spot, you have to arrive about 2+ hours before the movie starts. We came prepared this year. We put the seats down in the pack and brought toys for the "play area" we made. We bought Isaac's dump truck and a Frisbee for us. We ate a picnic dinner and enjoyed home0made kettle corn during the movie.To our surprise, when the movie, Up, started Abigail (who normally goes to bed around 7:30/8) was awake. What was even more surprising is that both...yes, BOTH...kids stayed up through the entire movie. At 11:12pm, our kids were awake! How they did it...no idea...I almost dozed off a few times (and they didn't even eat any of the popcorn).

Abigail kept laughing and saying "doggie" and "balloon." It was cute. She wasn't even a grouch the next day. If you haven't yet, I recommend taking your kids to the drive-in. :)

4 comments:

Arbor Pass said...

My wife is so beautiful and thin!!!

Chris

Lindsay said...

Isaac looks like Mommy in the driver's seat pic!!

The Somerville Four said...

How fun, Koren! Wish we were there to share the time with you. I love the pic of you in the back and the pic of Chris with the kiddos. His smile is sweet! Guess who's celebrating a birthday soon???

Henzie5 said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish you were bringing those beautiful children with you when you come in September! I just want to squeeze those cheeks on Abigail. She is so beautiful!