Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No more 20s, but still so much fun...

Our Friends, the Opfermans
I knew this dance from junior high square dancing
This one...had no clue what I was doing, but was watching the old man and trying to keep up.
It amazed me how many people had all these different dances memorized.


We were really good at our turns, but our feet were an entirely different story...
at one point, we were both laughing so hard, a nearly peed in my pants
(probably TMI, but it was true...).
"yoked together"
FUN AT THE FORT
(the airplane was from a plane museum next door)







For my 30th birthday, we are taking a big trip (just Mommy & Daddy--no kids) soon so we decided not to have a big party or celebration here. On the Friday night before my actual birthday, we went to a country-western bar and took an hour lesson trying to teach us the two step. It was fun (even though we never did really get it). The husbands were REALLY good sports. Chris kept smiling and saying, "I love you SO much." After the 8th time he said it, I realized that he was saying that the only reason that he was doing the silly dance lesson was because of his love for me (not because he was having a super time). After that, we went and had gelattos and talked through the night. With that, I have to AGAIN thank my parents for making it possible and having a sleep over with our kids. The next morning, my parents joined us for a wonderful breakfast.***Thanks also, Mom, for having me...even though things were tough...I praise God for you! After breakfast, we met Christina, Steve, Alora and Elijah for a hike near Fort Vancouver and dinner together. I know how much my friends love me when they are willing to to these crazy trips in the HOT, HOT heat...with a smile. I love you guys so much!

1 comment:

The Somerville Four said...

Miss you, love you, miss you.