Saturday, June 27, 2009

Eagle Crest 2009

The boys loved the spray park (even though the water was so cold)

No matter how tired Abigail was, she was never too tired for the "pool"


"Brother Theressa" bundled up after swimming

Tiff treated me to an early birthday gift.
She spoiled me with a facial, pedicure, and a novel to read for the week.
"THANKS TIFFANY!!!!!"

We had a blast riding bikes for an hour.
Believe it or not, we even took this thing off-roading.

This picture doesn't do the view justice.
Who wouldn't want to join this couple for dinner?
This night, Dan made a wonderful, creative salad...yum!

We took a trip with our friends, the Somervilles, to Eagle Crest (near Bend, OR). While we were there, we had a wonderful evening with the Springers (that means we had 6 kids--ages 4 and under--along with 5 adults in one place for dinner). After that, Chris joined us for a few days. My parents came in for a few days after that. It was busy, busy, busy...and fun, fun, fun.

Highlights:
*The great views of the desert trees, snow capped mountians, and meticulously manicured golf courses
*Wonderful meals together by candle light (often on the back deck)
*Playing cards (and winning about 50% of the time)
*Baths in the huge spa-tub
*Hearing Isaac crack up while playing with Liam and pretending Everette is a "bad chicken, baby monster"
*Having time to read a book (purely for leisure) as the kids napped
*Having the fire on (with the AC...because it was actually pretty warm most of the time)
*Chris & Dan going to a brewery tour while Tiff and I strolled around Bend with the "big boys" (stopping to share a little gelatto)
*The pool, the pool, and the pool again
*Having a girls' morning with Tiff at a day spa while Gramma & Papa watched my kids
*Going on a hike along the Deshutes river...so beautiful!
*Racket ball (I played with Chris--no rules--just tried to keep hitting the ball; Chris also had a fun game with Dan
*The beautiful pink sunsets
*Just being together!!!!!

Lowlights:
*Our fam was sick most of the trip
*Sleepless nights with Isaac
*Running with Tiffany (I detest running outside...I am a treadmill girl...I only do it because I love Tiff so much) XOXO
*It was a bummer that Chris wasn't there the entire time...I love him SO, SO, much

2 comments:

Henzie5 said...

Looks like SO much fun girl!! I am so happy you guys had a great time! Loved the pics!!

The Somerville Four said...

I love you and miss you!