My friend flew home a day early because the Korens were stuck with something gross...fever and yucks coming out both ends. Daddy and Isaac had it BAD! Neither of them could eat or even keep down water. Chris could barely get up, literally.
All this started Thursday, but Friday night, Chris thought we could brave taking Isaac to the Air Show. Chris wasn't really able to eat yet and still felt bad, but he didn't want to miss taking Isaac to something we've been getting excited about for weeks. It was fun to see Isaac "drive" the military helicopters and see the airplanes flying. Isaac INSISTED on staying for the fireworks. It was so cold, Abigail was so overtired (and wasn't sleeping well because of the noise), Chris was weak from not having any food in his system, and I was exhausted from lack of sleep (and getting my first real period in 3 years...TMI).
Isaac kept saying, "It's getting dark...turn on the fireworks!" All this to say that we stayed for the fireworks, and (though it was an amazing fireworks show) Isaac didn't like them. The entire way back to the van he kept saying that he liked "ground fireworks" and the "big sky fireworks...scary and too loud."
Live and learn. Maybe we should have stayed home. In addition to Daddy being weak the next day, we were all a big mess. Pray for us...we had to stay home from church this morning because Isaac woke up with a mess from both ends...not a fun way to start the day...thanks for cleaning it up Chris!!! You are the best Dad and Hubby ever! We also praise God for sermons on the internet for mornings like this. If you ever need it, check out GRACE TO YOU
1 comment:
ooooo, sad, sorry you were so sick! Both ends is NEVER good. Amber, love the TMI. it is so funny, some friends were commenting that I have no small trash can in my guest bath downstairs. I realized its because I have never had a period in this house ... I have not missed it :). Still, I need to get a little trash in there as a courtesy :). ~ Jess
Post a Comment