It was so hot here the past few days (around 100 with humidity)...yuck! I sweat like a man and prefer the weather a bit cooler. I am not going to complain though, because I know that the hot days a few and far between (and I'll miss the heat when the rain comes back). That is one thing I love about the NW weather. Just as we start to get tired of the heat, the seasons change. I LOVE THE FALL in the NW...crisp, brisk air and all the colorful trees!!! I praise God for all the seasons He has allowed us to enjoy here.
So, the first hot day was Thursday. We went to Chris' company picnic. It was fun. I ate 4 veggie cabobs made with BBQ squash, peppers and button mushrooms. Both kids were really good, considering the picnic was during their naps in the heat of the day. When Chris played football with the guys, I took the kids and ran through the sprinklers. It was fun and refreshing. It's weird to go to events that happen only once per year because the kids change so much from event to event. Last year, I was pregnant with Abigail and Isaac was newly walking. They grow so fast!
Speaking of growing fast, last Tuesday, I had the opportunity to visit some friends (and their kids) I haven't seen in a while. It was a blessing to spend the morning together with these ladies I love and respect so much. It was an extra blessing because one of the moms just moved back here from a few years of living in Cali...it's so great to have their family back.
Back to "Hot" day #2: Yesterday I asked Chris if we could pack up and go to the coast. He reluctantly said, "Yes." I have yet to allow Chris to spend one of his days off relaxing...it's always "GO, GO, GO!!!" So we make it to the beach and it is cold. That's what's funny About the Oregon coast...it can be cold no matter what the weather is around the rest of the state. It ended up being really nice after a while. It was almost 70 and we played in the sand, threw the Frisbee around, snuggled together on the blanket as the waves crashed and the wind gently blew, sat on a bench with Abigail as Isaac grove his dump truck around and said greeted all the people walking by, and went to the park in town and let Isaac play. It was a really nice day. Chris said that he was glad we went. I also appreciate the time we get to share in the car. It's really nice to hear the kids in the back seat making each other laugh. I also love the time Chris and I spend talking when the kids fall asleep. I cherish road trips.
Today is hot day #3. The morning started with a couple loads of laundry I had to get done before it heated up too much. Before Chris let to work, we were able to clean the kitchen, clean out the van from the beach, clean up Isaac's diarea in the carpet (it's been 1&1/2 weeks from the time he got sick and his system is still not right...I'm going to take him in to see the doc on Mon if he is not better), listen to a sermon, and eat breakfast (Chris spoiled me with some yummy pancakes). I took the kids to the library when Chris left for work. Isaac had dia in his pants and didn't make it to the bathroom (I am thankful he was in pull-ups). Still, we managed to check-out 20+ books and head to Costco. Abigail was crying nearly the entire time we were in Costco (probably because she was so sleep deprived from the past few days with missing naps). We made it home in time to feed the kids and get the groceries put away before naps. Just when I thought things were safe, Isaac's potty seat didn't shield his spray and he pottied all over the bathroom floor. :) I was able to do bills and sit down to write this while the kids are down...It's funny, the days that the house looks like I got the least done are the crazy days like today. I am working on enjoying it and not letting it stress me out.
It is easy to get tired of this job that feels so thankless, but I have to remember that I am investing in the PRECIOUS gifts God has entrusted to my care. It is a privilege and a blessing. It's not about potty and tears, it's about training little hearts and pointing them toward Jesus in all that I say and do. My husband also reminded me to relax and enjoy. I tend to mirco-manage so much that I miss the little joys of the day. I cannot change the potty at the library or the tears in Costco, but I can control how I let it affect my attitude. I need to be joyful in all things and pray that I would not let difficult circumstances sour my countenance. I have such a blessed life and I need to be thankful for it!
1 comment:
Amber, thanks for your encouragement. What you wrote brought tears to my eyes.........it is always nice to be reminded of those things. Glad to hear you are well. Love you!
Post a Comment